A post I saw on Pinterest had this writing prompt idea list and I liked it, and considering I can’t sleep because I’m sick with a cold- I’m doing it.
1. A recent picture and 15 interesting facts about me:
- I have a passion for education, working with at-risk youth, and Jesus.
- I have helped to raise 3 Seeing Eye puppies but have a 1/3 success rate.
- I LOVE Tigger. I still sleep with a stuffed Tigger because I’m that big of a fan.
- I really enjoy painting and art in general.
- I would normally say my nails are always painted, but I’m trying to break that obsession presently.
- I am always seeking to expand my knowledge and understanding of the world around me.. but I get bored rather quickly and struggle to stay committed to one area of learning.
- I love Jesus, but I’m learning how much more of my love He deserves.
- I used to hate reading, and now it’s growing on my a lot.
- I’m a BIG fan of people who rock backwards hats, and the word “dude”.
- I almost always say “hey girl!” And “hey dude” when talking to people through text.
- Favorite color: lime green. Favorite color to wear: black or white.
- Obsessed with hoodies.
- Always cold. Literally. It’s an actual thing.
- Love motorcycles and trucks and jeeps and pretty much any mode of transportation that can get the wind in my hair and make me feel down with the earth.
- I love Gilmore Girls.
2. The meaning behind my blog name:
It’s been so long since I’ve named it. At the time I think I believed I was a daring dreamer. Now I think I’m more of a daring thinker!
3. A picture of my animals:
I love that she’s my baby now for REAL.
4. A habit I wish you didn’t have:
Saying, “if that makes sense?” and apologizing for “being too much”.
5. A picture of somewhere I’ve been:
Colorado will never get old to me. Seeing Red Rocks for the first time this summer was something special.
6. Favorite Super Hero and why:
Working in my line of work, I have come to so greatly respect and appreciate CASA members. I don’t think I could do what they do. Their hearts are so big and their strength is unmatched. They are my super heros.
7. A picture of something or someone that has made the biggest impact in my life:
Hands down, without a doubt: Jesus.
8. Short term goals for this month and why:
To learn how to trust Jesus in the distance and disconnect. Because if I can’t completely trust Jesus I won’t ever be able to trust anyone or anything else.
9. Something I’m proud of in the past few days:
I have successfully gathered almost all 51 students’ mid marking period grades. That makes me feel super super proud. It’s been a lot of work.
10. Songs I listen to when I’m feeling emotional:
Well, lately it’s been a LOT of worship music. The one that really stands out to me is, “God of All My Days” by Casting Crowns.
11. A picture of me and my friends:
Not all my friends, just the most recent picture I have with a gem of a friend.
12. Why I made a blog:
I have no idea what made me start, but I know what keeps me going- I’m an external processor. I do not internalize things well at all. Having a place to release all my thoughts to whoever may or may not want to read them helps me to process them in a way that helps me to move on. I don’t know where I’d be without my blogs and journals.
13. A letter to someone who has hurt me recently:
It’s hard to process everything that happened, and even harder to process why it all happens the way that it does. However, I can’t imagine what you’re experience is like and I can’t imagine what it’s like to have no idea how to even begin to start to process the realities you’re experiencing. I am sorry that I haven’t been able to understand, but I hope you know I’ve been trying.
14. A picture of me and my family:
I don’t remember what they were laughing about, but I hadn’t seen them laugh that hard in a long time. And it made me very happy. (Not pictured: Joe).
15. Put my iPod on shuffle and the first ten songs that play:
Truthfully I’m really not a huge music person at all. SO, this is kinda pointless for me.
16. Another picture of myself:
17. Someone I would want to switch lives with for a day and why:
Huh. I have no idea. Maybe my friend Betsy. I think she’s a rock star and I’m curious what it’s like to be in her shoes.
18. Plans/dreams/goals I have:
Oh wow. Well, if I’m being honest: I want to get my Masters and PhD in something. I want to be married to a guy who is rock solid in the Lord and calls me up. I want to not live in New Jersey, and start/run my own program working with at-risk youth.
19. Nicknames I have and why I have them:
It’s been a long time since I’ve been given a nickname. But the most memorable ones were Happy Meal and Spunky Bunny. Both because I am small, but feisty and always happy and giddy (although I think that’s changed a lot recently… but I’ll get her back!).
20. Someone I see myself marrying and being with in the future:
A man who loves Jesus passionately and as a result is able to love me deeply. A guy who’s able to take initiative in decision making. Someone who supports my dreams and goals and pushes me toward them. Someone who can speak truth into my life and hold me accountable. Someone who loves the outdoors and can not only handle, but loves my energy and personality for all it’s boldness and craziness.
21. A picture of something that makes you happy:
She makes me SO FRIGGIN HAPPY.
22. What makes me different from everyone else:
My brain. My thought process. My type A personality. My fears.
23. Something I crave a lot:
Affection in the form of words of affirmation from people I really care about.
24. Three books on my bookshelf:
-The Reluctant Prophet series
-Girl, Go Wash Your Face
25. What you would find in my blog:
A whole lot of my life and personal thoughts. Mostly thoughts with Jesus and things I wrestle with.
26. What do you think about your friends:
I think I don’t value them enough or invest time into them enough. But I’m so thankful for the ones that stand by me through thick and thin. Even when I try to push them away.
27. Why am I doing this 30 things about me challenge:
Well, I modified it and made it one post. And really just because I was bored, couldn’t sleep, wanted a distraction, and felt like writing.
28. A picture from my last year and now; how have I changed:
Biggest change would be my employment status. Working at a different job. But spiritually I’ve grown a lot too. But what’s a whole other blog for a different day!
29. In the past month what have I learned:
That I’m going to be broken, but it’s my choice as to how long I allow myself to stay that way. AND, it’s my choice to allow myself not to be defined by others perspective of me.
30. Favorite song:
Really, that’s how you end this? Haha okay well- Shape of You by Ed Sheeran (probably).